Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > How to update OS from ICS to KitKat
How to update OS from ICS to KitKat

3674 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: 2015-06-04 07:36:39

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    nelsonbeverly
    2015-05-21 12:08:47
    Currently, the Maxisys comes with Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) as the OS and is so old that it won't allow access to the Google Play Store to download apps.  The app I am most interested in is the AllData Mobile app.  I can access AllData via the Android web browser but it's not as user friendly as the app version (which I was able to download and try out on my iPad).  

Because of this limitation with the Maxisys I have begun researching other scan tool tablets, the first being Launch.  Their Android OS is newer than ICS and I am able to access the Google Play Store and download and install the AllData Mobile app...it's just that Launch's diagnostic software isn't as good as Autel's.  

A training instructor once called Autel devices, "the best pieces of s**t you'll ever buy," and he was right.  

I am new to the Android world, having only used Windows and Apples...is it possible to upgrade the OS from ICS to KitKat?

If yes, and the upgrade is performed, would this cause any issues with Autel's built in diagnostic software?  But I don't want to rob Peter to pay Paul either.  

Thanks

•   Level 3   
    (95) points
    tientran909

2015-05-22 15:29:08 (Reply to:nelsonbeverly)

more update more bug? more apps more crash. Autel is running adroid so it not going to be like IOS

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-05-22 20:57:20 (Reply to:nelsonbeverly)

the 908 elite will have  the kikat OS. I don't think our current one will be updated.

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    nelsonbeverly
    2015-05-26 09:20:28 (Reply to:ede65)
     I am aware of the Elite and look forward to the newer OS but Autel has no release date set.  So who knows when it will be available for sale.

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    nelsonbeverly
    2015-05-26 09:21:31 (Reply to:tientran909)
     without being able to update the OS and/or download and install apps their scan tool is not as robust as it could be which makes looking at other platforms that can download and install apps more appealing.  I hope they fix this issue soon.

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    dex741

2015-05-31 15:16:12 (Reply to:nelsonbeverly)

You can install app's ' just not from the play store. I use the amazon app store, give
    that a try.

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    nelsonbeverly
    2015-06-03 11:29:19 (Reply to:dex741)
     The app I am most interested in is Alldata Mobile App but it's only available through the Google Play Store, not through Amazon.  I have the .apk file but can't figure out how to side load it into the MaxiSys.  

•   Level 6   
    (437) points
    Wild Bill

2015-06-04 07:36:39 (Reply to:nelsonbeverly)

All data is already on the 908 and 908p. Download the mozilla search engine with a
    pdf viewer as a plugin and it with work like a pc.
  Total1 Pages